Code Bootcamp’s co-founder has coordinated a “Future of Tech Start Up” panel this week in partnership with The Bakery as a part of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
This event is open to the public, so please join us on Wednesday, November 16 from 5:30 to 7:00pm at The Bakery.
A panel of five technology professionals and entrepreneurs will lead a discussion consisting of both moderator questions and interactive crowd participation. The dialog will encompass the technology environment of Sioux Falls and our city’s future in the industry. The panel will share their direct experiences and provide insights into their successes and challenges.
If Sioux Falls has a magic wand to propel us into the future, what would that magic-wand produce? (hint: It includes MORE code schools!)
Michael MacFadden – Recently relocated to Sioux Falls, Michael is entrepreneur and technology focused Executive with over 15 years experience including business management, product development, operations, business development, strategy, and engineering.
Ryan Sougstad – An associate professor at Augustana University and co-founder of Systemmeasure Inc., providing a simple, elegant approach to visualization, tracking and executive strategy.
Korena Keys – Owner and CEO of KeyMedia Solutions a digital marketing firm specializing in ROI focused online display, search, and mobile campaign strategy and execution. Korena is also active in the Forbes Agency Council and Mastermind Talks.
William Bushee – The author of Wired For Coding, co-founder of Code Bootcamp of South Dakota, VP of Development of BrightPlanet, Board President of Health Connect of South Dakota, and local entrepreneur. Will also runs various boot camps and code clubs to teach technology to kids around our region.
Austin Hanson – Director of Engineering at Myriad Mobile, one of the nation’s top mobile development companies. Austin also led CarsForSale, Inc.’s mobile and special projects team; driving design, development, and release of Android and iOS applications, and worked at making Amazon’s Android music experience amazing.
Topics that are going to be covered include
- What makes a successful tech environment for individuals and organizations?
- What are the challenges to a new technology start up?
- How does access to early stage capital impact the growth of our region’s technology start-ups?
- Where is Sioux Falls at currently? What are the assets and strengths? Insufficient areas, needs, & opportunities?
- What is needed to propel Sioux Falls forward in the tech industry?
- What does the environment look like in 5/10 years? What do we want it to look like?
- What are the areas of tech to focus on?
- How can Sioux Falls develop and promote its own authentic and innovative brand as a city?
- Should there be an equal balance of recruiting outside talent or fostering local homegrown talent?
- How do we attract and retain the best talent? What is the outside perception?
- Are our education and mentoring systems sufficient for younger generations to be successful as technology entrepreneurs?